Wednesday 2 July 2008

Haltemprice and Howden and Grace Astley

I'd never heard of Haltemprice and Howden until a couple of weeks ago. Then David Davis Davis resigned his seat to force a by-election and supposedly a debate about the 42 day rule. What is he on about? If the police have enough reason to suspect someone of terrorist activities they should have the authority to imprison. I would accept that, in the interest of peace, safety and democracy, if I started behaving in a very suspicious way, that I would be detained, I have enough confidence in the security services to believe that as long as I am a peaceful person its not going to happen.
Meanwhile a friend, Grace Astley, www.myspace.com/graceastley has decided to stand as a candidate in the by-election! So quite a lot of this week has been taken up debating policies and trying to get her to put herself a bit more forward.

No comments: