Monday 2 January 2017

New Year, New Start

A brand new year - 2017!

A lot of people are saying 2016 was a terrible year - but thats just about their point of view.

Certainly a lot of celebrities seemed to die in 2016, but they were mostly getting on a bit . Even David Bowie was 69, and let's face it, the rock and roll lifestyle doesn't really lend itself to living to a ripe old age!

There may seem to have been a lot of deaths, but thats probably because there are a lot more people in the public eye. Average life expectancy at birth in the UK, for people born in 1947, such as David Bowie, was about 67, so thats about par for the course, and very good for a rock'n'roller.

Photography directions

I'm hoping to do loads more photography in 2017, and quite a bit more blogging - so watch this space.

The key areas I want to concentrate on to improve my photography are about creating the images that simply can't be done with a smartphone.

1) Night photography

2) Capturing speed and movement

3) Macro - although this can be done with a smartphone

I haven't had any sales in 2017 yet, but 2016 was a record year and I took my first paycheck.

I'll post the sales here as they occur.

No comments: