Monday 9 January 2017

Working to a theme

Inspiration and frustration

On a cold wet January morning, all freelancers seem to fall into two camps - the frustrated and the really frustrated. You'd have to be seriously inspired as a street photographer or landscape photographer to go out on a day like this. Winter wonderland? I don't think so.

My first love is travel photography, but apart from a short trip to Venice for the start of the Carnivale, for family reasons I'm going to be confined to home environs for the next few months. No, I'm not pregnant, the husband is having hip surgery, and will need some TLC.

Shooting to a theme

This means I can focus my efforts on conceptual photography for a while. Thinking seasonally, I've decided to try shooting on a theme of "Love and Hearts" thinking Valentines Day is approaching, and I may be able to get some onto the stock libraries in time for a few quick sales. Its a subject which easily lends itself to props -

Anything heart shaped eg cookie cutters, wooden heart, heart bowl

Anything that can be shaped into a heart eg fruit, food, flowers,

Anything with the word "love"

Here's one I did earlier. I bought the letters in a charity shop, my lovely husband insists on re-arranging them into "VELO" as his first love is cycling. Do you think he really deserves that TLC?



Love spelled out in sunshine with shadow
© Photographer: Jeanette Teare | Agency: Dreamstime.com

No comments: